Monday, October 10, 2011

HALLOWEEN INTERVIEW WITH BONNIE WHEELER

"TERRIFYING TOMES" HALLOWEEN INTERVIEW SERIES (BONNIE WHEELER)

[image] [image]


How did you first start writing and what were some of your inspirations?

I have always loved reading and discovered reading YA paranormal romances was an activity I could share with my teen daughter. This past year, she became very ill and almost passed away. While sitting with her day after day in the hospital, I decided to write her Fate Fixed because I wanted to give her a story she would love. I had always dreamed of writing before, but never had the courage to try it. So, in May I began writing and it took me about 8 weeks to complete. She loved it so much, she begged me to publish it and to continue the series. So, I did. She inspired me.

Is horror/supernatural/paranormal/thriller the only genre you write in?

I also write contemporary women's fiction, but nothing that I've seeked publishing. I see myself as a work in process, still learning all about writing. Maybe someday. For now, I love writing paranormal romances because it is what my daughter and I prefer reading.

What are some of your other books and where can we find them?

I am currently writing Blood Twist, Book 2 in the Erris Coven Series. It won't be out for another couple of months.

What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

I love the children in their costumes! It's fun and allows everyone to show their creative side.

How do you celebrate Halloween if at all?

Each year I take my children door-to-door in our neighborhood for goodies. I also give out the BEST candy.

What is your all time favorite scary movie?

I like anything with vampires!! The Underworld movies are probably my favorite. Although, the remake of The Fog with Tom Welling is super fun.

What are some of the things you dressed up as for Halloween when you were a kid?

I remember being a gypsy once. I loved wearing my mom's makeup and jewelry. I'm totally a girly girl.

Tell us about your very first Halloween.

The first Halloween in my current home was funny. All night I waited for trick-or-treaters without any luck. Finally the door bell rang and when I whipped it open expecting to see little kids, there was a six foot tall man with a McDonald's bag over his head with two small holes for eyes. He just stood there saying nothing. I didn't know if I should give him candy or be afraid for my life - so I gave him candy.

Were you ever the scary storyteller of the group or more the one to get scared?

I get my love for story telling from my dad. We're Irish, it comes naturally. I still love telling scary stories to others!

Thank you for your time with this interview, is there anymore information about your works you'd like to share with us?

Just that I love hearing from readers! Add me on Facebook and Goodreads and don't be afraid to say "Hi!" I'll always write back.




Read more: http://www.greatmindsthinkaloud.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=interviews&thread=698&page=1#ixzz1aS6B53ES