Friday, October 21, 2011

HALLOWEEN INTERVIEW WITH C.C. JAMES

"TERRIFYING TOMES" HALLOWEEN CONTEST INTERVIEW SERIES (CC JAMES)

[image]


How did you first start writing and what were some of your inspirations?

I've always wanted to write a novel, but didn't pick up pen and paper until my first child was born and I became a stay-at-home mom for a while. Andre Norton and Louis Lamour were two of my first inspirations.

Is horror/supernatural/paranormal/thriller the only genre you write in?

Yup. Everything I write has some element of the otherworldly in it, even if it's only time-travel.

What are some of your other books and where can we find them?

I also write fantasy romance and time-travel romance as Clover Autrey. Upon Eagle's Light, Chase the Wind, Sea Born, and Fallen Warrior are a few of my titles.

What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

Halloween is my favorite holiday by far. I just love the scare factor and creepy shows that come out as well as the haunted houses. Oh yeah, and candy.

How do you celebrate Halloween if at all?

Trick or Treating with the kids of course. And decking the house out!

What is your all time favorite scary movie?

A Haunting in Connecticut. That one is just too creepy and realistic. The moment the boy decides to sleep in that basement. Eeeek. Was hiding behind my hands and peeking through my fingers through most of that one.

What are some of the things you dressed up as for Halloween when you were a kid?

Cousin It. A witch. Boxer when I had an actual black ice. Flapper girl.

Tell us about your very first Halloween.

I've slept since then and can't remember.

Were you ever the scary storyteller of the group or more the one to get scared?

Always the storyteller.


Read more: http://www.greatmindsthinkaloud.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=interviews&action=display&thread=738#ixzz1bS96WOdU