Sunday, October 23, 2011

HALLOWEEN INTERVIEW WITH JO ELLIS

"TERRIFYING TOMES" HALLOWEEN CONTEST INTERVIEW SERIES (JO ELLIS)

[image] [image]


How did you first start writing and what were some of your inspirations?

I started writing when my son was a baby. I¡¦d always been an avid reader and had a vivid imagination so I started tinkering with a story that appeared and went from there. Inspirations... lots of things, music, a person I see, an event in my life or just the scene that pops into my head.

Is horror/supernatural/paranormal/thriller the only genre you write in?

I write predominately romance with a thriller and sometimes paranormal twist.

What are some of your other books and where can we find them?

My other book is the sequel to ¡¥Spoilt¡¦ called ¡¥Twisted Fire¡¦. It is about a character I liked from Spoilt, who I wanted to keep alive, so I wrote one about her. ƒº I have an erotic book under my pen name too... I¡¦m hoping to release a couple more in the near future, one of which is a paranormal and the third in the Spoilt series.

What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

The dressing up! I love to go to costume parties. As I live in Australia we don¡¦t celebrate it quite as much as other countries. There are some who dress up and go trick or treating and some that have parties but unfortunately it isn¡¦t a huge event that I always wished it was here. The opportunity to dress up and wickedly was always appealing to me.

How do you celebrate Halloween if at all?

I don¡¦t really at the moment. My kids are becoming interested in it as we see a lot of the celebrations on TV shows and the like. It may start becoming a tradition with my family yet. ƒº

What is your all time favorite scary movie?

Oh I have a couple. A Nightmare on Elm Street was the big one for me growing up and always a favourite. The other would have to be the Australian movie Wolf Creek. That is one scary film.

What are some of the things you dressed up as for Halloween when you were a kid?

As we didn¡¦t really do much I didn¡¦t have a lot of opportunity but when I did, it was always a witch.

Tell us about your very first Halloween.

Probably at school and not very exciting!

Were you ever the scary storyteller of the group or more the one to get scared?

I liked to listen.

Thank you for your time with this interview, is there anymore information about your works you'd like to share with us?

Um, no I don¡¦t think so... just hope you like my adult fairytales. ƒº



Read more: http://www.greatmindsthinkaloud.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=interviews&thread=757&page=1#ixzz1beo1fe9A