Thursday, October 20, 2011

HALLOWEEN INTERVIEW WITH MELISSA LEMON


"TERRIFYING TOMES" HALLOWEEN CONTEST INTERVIEW SERIES (MELISSA LEMON)

[image] [image]


How did you first start writing and what were some of your inspirations?

I have loved writing since elementary school and began writing books as early as high school. Two of my greatest literary inspirations are Jane Austen and Charles Dickens.

Is horror/supernatural/paranormal/thriller the only genre you write in?

No, but I imagine most of my books will have at least some element of the supernatural because I love it when my imagination takes me to a place where the trees are magic or where people can fly.

What are some of your other books and where can we find them?

Cinder and Ella is my first published novel. My blog is the best place to find updates about other books I write. The address is http://lemoninkwell.blogspot.com/

What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

I love the atmosphere. I love the falling leaves and windy, rainy weather that leave an eerie feeling in the air. I love the colors of fall. And, I suppose I need to add candy to that list.

How do you celebrate Halloween if at all?

I like to make taco soup and homemade rolls and root beer and get my kids all dressed up in their costumes and send them off trick-or-treating. I ran a half marathon on Halloween a couple of years ago and that was a great way to celebrate Halloween as well.

What is your all time favorite scary movie?

I would have to say Watchers in the Woods or The Changeling. These are perfect for me because anything scarier would give me permanent nightmares and make me wet my pants. Just saying.

What are some of the things you dressed up as for Halloween when you were a kid?

Dressing up as a pumpkin was my favorite as a little kid. One of my best friends and I also had fun one year dressing up like Wayne and Garth from Wayne’s World. I still have a picture of that, but for my friend’s sake I’m not going to share.

Tell us about your very first Halloween.

My family always went to my aunt’s house for Halloween so I got to go trick-or-treating with all of my cousins. That is also where the taco soup and root beer tradition came from.

Were you ever the scary storyteller of the group or more the one to get scared?

See answer to question six where I refer to nightmares and wetting my pants.

Thank you for your time with this interview, is there anymore information about your works you'd like to share with us?

Thank you for the opportunity!


Read more: http://www.greatmindsthinkaloud.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=interviews&thread=731#ixzz1bKmrmxkA