Tuesday, October 11, 2011

HALLOWEEN INTERVIEW WITH ROXANNE RHOADS

"TERRIFYING TOMES" HALLOWEEN CONTEST INTERVIEW SERIES (ROXANNE RHOADS)

[image] [image]


How did you first start writing and what were some of your inspirations?

I started writing professionally in 2005 but I am pretty sure I was born with a pen in my hand. I can't remember a time when I wasn't a writer. Even when I tried other things, other careers I always identified myself as a writer.

Is horror/supernatural/paranormal/thriller the only genre you write in?

I write romance, erotica, and poetry in various sub genres but most of what I write always has paranormal elements.

What are some of your other books and where can we find them?

My newest is a short story collection of 10 of my paranormal erotica tale- Paranormal Pleasures Ten Tales of Supernatural Seduction.

You can find it along with most of my other books at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and All Romance Ebooks. Several are also available on Smashwords.

What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

I have always adored Halloween. Perhaps it's the history of its origins or maybe just the scare factor that comes along with it- maybe it's the chance to dress up and let my darker side come out. I don't know but it has always been my favorite holiday.

How do you celebrate Halloween if at all?

The entire month of October is filled with harvest festivals, Halloween Balls and costume parties - plus all the online festivities I take part it. It's the busiest month for me- so many spooky events to take the kids to- and plenty of Halloween fun for the husband and I to go to without the kids as well. There's also lots of paranormal book events and author signings this year so I'm attending those as well.

What is your all time favorite scary movie?

This you'll find amusing, I don't watch too many scary movies. LOL. I know pathetic right? I watch movies that are considered to be horror- mostly vampire movies but I don't watch the creepy stuff like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street type of stuff. No thanks. If you just go with horror genre my favorite is Bram Stoker's Dracula with Winona Ryder and Gary Oldman. Best damn movie version of Dracula ever!

What are some of the things you dressed up as for Halloween when you were a kid?

I remember a plastic mask and plastic costume of Wonder Woman that fell apart before I was done trick or treating.I was so upset I remember crying. I had to have been only 3 or 4. Kids costumes have come along way since the late 70s early 80s.

After that plastic costume debacle my mom made a lot of my costumes. She made a cute ghost costume for me that I wore for years. Then my senior year of high school she made this gorgeous harem girl costume for me.

Tell us about your very first Halloween.

I can't remember much about my very first Halloween- the Wonder Woman plastic costume is really my first Halloween memory. I was so excited to have a costume and to be going trick or treating. I couldn't believe people would give me candy. It was great. But what I loved most after that is every Halloween we'd watch all the spooky stuff on TV- not real scary stuff but things like It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and all the Scooby Doo shows. I also had a stack of Halloween kids books that we would read. Halloween was exciting.

Were you ever the scary storyteller of the group or more the one to get scared?

I suck at being a story teller. Yes sad thing to admit for a writer. Now if I had the chance to write it, edit it then practice the story first- sure I could tell a story. But to make one up on the spot. Not so much. So I'd have to say I was probably always the one to get scared. I spook easily. LOL

Thank you for your time with this interview, is there anymore information about your works you'd like to share with us?

Thank you for having me. It was wonderful to visit and chat about Halloween.


Read more: http://www.greatmindsthinkaloud.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=interviews&action=display&thread=708#ixzz1aVuoatnB