Wednesday, October 19, 2011

HALLOWEEN INTERVIEW WITH WILLOW CROSS

"TERRIFYING TOMES" HALLOWEEN CONTEST INTERVIEW SERIES (WILLOW CROSS)

[image]


How did you first start writing and what were some of your inspirations?
I’ve written on and off since high school. Mostly poetry, but occasionally short stories surfaced. In 2008 I let one of my friends read a story I’d written, and surprisingly--she loved it. We had a short conversation about her believing I should make it into a book. After considering her arguments, I decided to give it a go. The writing bug bit hard and I’m now a slave to the word program on my PC.

Is horror/supernatural/paranormal/thriller the only genre you write in?

Yes. I’ve heard two sayings about writing. 1. Write what you know. 2. Write what you love. I agree with both to some extent. Because of my love of all things paranormal, and my passion for researching myths and urban legends, what I ‘know’ and ‘love’ goes hand in hand.

What are some of your other books and where can we find them?

Currently I have published 3 books, all are available on Amazon and Barns and Noble. (US and UK) The Dark Gifts: Birthright, The Dark Gifts: Inheritance, and Oceans of Red volume one

What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

There are only two holidays a year that celebrate the use of imagination. Halloween and Christmas. For me, the myths and legends behind Halloween are bittersweet in their enticement. Exuberant celebration of all things creepy, crawly, and paranormal draws me in every year. So basically my answer is: Because it’s so freaking fun!!!!!

How do you celebrate Halloween if at all?

I dress up and give out candy. If we have a party, it’s never on Halloween. My job (as a grown up) is to give the children of the area a great Halloween experience. I’m prone to taking pictures of nearly every trick-or-treater! I love to see the kids in their costumes!!!

What is your all time favorite scary movie?

Hmmmmm hard question. If I have to pick just one, I guess I’d have to say Halloween (both the new and the old)

What are some of the things you dressed up as for Halloween when you were a kid?

Clown, princess, witch, Pocahontas, and my favorite was the year I went as an oompa loompa!! That was a great costume!! I really wish I had pictures of that one!!!

Tell us about your very first Halloween.

My earliest memories of Halloween center around a small town in Indiana. At the time, there might have been 200 houses. It was the best place in the world to trick-or-treat. Nearly every house gave out candy and after treating hours, they’d have a big Costume party for the surrounding area. Everyone went and everyone dressed up. We had the traditional games like bobbing for apples (Which scared the tar out of me! I was always terrified I was going to drown.) And Hayrides in the country (Complete with people hiding behind things and jumping out to scare you.)

Were you ever the scary storyteller of the group or more the one to get scared?

By the time I was a teenager, I was generally the story teller.

Thank you for your time with this interview, is there any more information about your works you'd like to share with us?

I don’t really have anything more about my works. However, I would like to say a few things.

First: Thanks so very much for including me in your promotion!!

Secondly: I’d like to thank those who’ve taken the time to read my books. I know how busy most people are, and when someone takes time out of their life to sit down and read a book (Especially by an author they’ve never heard of) it’s a big deal. I appreciate you more than you’ll ever know!!!


Read more: http://www.greatmindsthinkaloud.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=interviews&action=display&thread=728#ixzz1bHZ3WKU6