Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"TERRIFYING TOMES" CONTEST - HALLOWEEN INTERVIEW SERIES WITH G.M. FRAZIER

"TERRIFYING TOMES" CONTEST - HALLOWEEN INTERVIEW SERIES (G.M. FRAZIER)

[image]


How did you first start writing and what were some of your inspirations?

When I was the entertainment reporter for my school newspaper in the 7th grade was the first time I ever recall getting compliments on my writing style and I began to think then that I might have a knack for it. I wrote a small column for each edition that was usually a movie review. I didn't really attempt fiction writing until I was in my mid 30s and like a lot of fiction writers I started off with short stories. One of those served as the impetus for my first novel. I was introduced to John Updike about that time and he was extremely gracious to me in his encouragement and suggestions. Other authors who inspired me are Faulkner, Hemingway, Dreiser, Harper Lee, and Pat Conroy.


Is horror/supernatural/paranormal/thriller the only genre you write in?

No, I'm not a genre writer. My next story or novel is as likely to be a love story as a supernatural thriller (or it might be both).


What are some of your other books and where can we find them?

The novel I'm currently finishing up, which should be available in time for Christmas, is called A Death on the Wolf. It's a coming of age story about a boy living in south Mississippi. It's set in the summer of 1969. I have two other published novels: Return to Innocence and Summer Solstice. Gerard is a novella about a boy vampire. You can find out more about these books on my web site at www.gmfrazier.com.

What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

Fall is my favorite time of year and when I was a kid I absolutely loved Halloween. As an adult, October 31 always makes me nostalgic for my childhood.

How do you celebrate Halloween if at all?

Just your typical candy for the trick-or-treaters and a few decorations. I don't go over the top like some people do in my neighborhood.

What is your all time favorite scary movie?

This is a book club and you're asking me about a movie? The original Halloween movie with Jamie Lee Curtis is my all time favorite. My favorite all time scary book is Dracula by Bram Stoker.

What are some of the things you dressed up as for Halloween when you were a kid?

A witch, an astronaut (my dad worked for NASA), Dracula, the Mummy.

Tell us about your very first Halloween.

I don't remember it.

Were you ever the scary storyteller of the group or more the one to get scared?

The one that got scared.

Thank you for your time with this interview, is there anymore information about your works you'd like to share with us?

Yes, go to Amazon and buy my books. hehe