Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"TERRIFYING TOMES" HALLOWEEN CONTEST, AUTHOR INTERVIEW SERIES (KATRINA PARKER WILLIAMS)

KATRINA PARKER WILLIAMS, TERRIFYING TOMES CONTEST AUTHOR, HALLOWEEN INTERVIEW


[image] [image]


How did you first start writing and what were some of your inspirations?

I had always thought about writing a novel when I was younger, and in 1997 I decided it was time to do just that. I wrote my first novel Liquor House Music in 1997. I wrote several short stories after that and had them published in literary magazines before writing my second novel Bootlegger Haze.

Is horror/supernatural/paranormal/thriller the only genre you write in?

I usually write historical fiction, but I find that some of my stories fit more than one genre. Missus Buck is historical fiction but also fits the thriller genre.


What are some of your other books and where can we find them?

Listed below are my four short stories, a short story collection, and two novels.

Miss Carmelia Faye Lafayette--Amazon
Missus Buck--Amazon and Barnes and Noble
Rock--Amazon and Barnes and Noble
Slave Auction--Amazon and Barnes and Noble
Bootlegger Haze--Amazon
Liquor House Music--Amazon
Trouble Down South and Other Stories--Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords

What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

I love to eat the Halloween candy.

How do you celebrate Halloween if at all?

At work when we have dress up day, we wear costumes to work the week of Halloween. It's lots of fun, and the students get a kick out of seeing their teachers dressed silly.

What is your all time favorite scary movie?

The Exorcist. It's so scary I can't even watch it to this day.

What are some of the things you dressed up as for Halloween when you were a kid?

A witch, a clown, a ghost, all of the typical costumes children wore in my day.

Tell us about your very first Halloween.

I remember going to my aunt's house and going Trick or Treating with my cousins. I was very young, so I don't remember much, but I do remember all of the candy we received and tried to eat in one sitting.

Were you ever the scary storyteller of the group or more the one to get scared?

I was always the one to get scared. I hated being scared. My siblings were notorious for their practical jokes during Halloween.



THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME KATRINA & HAPPY HALLOWEEN!