Tuesday, May 15, 2012

INTERVIEW WITH AUTHOR, JAIMIE HOPE

INTERVIEW WITH AUTHOR OF "THE BABY JAIMIE SERIES", JAIMIE HOPE



Hello Jaimie! It is so wonderful to have this opportunity to interview you. You state that high school was when you first decided to be a writer. What was the main inspiration there?

I guess there was always a writer lurking about in me. It was part of the reason I joined the newspaper staff, where I got my first real taste in freelance since we got to write about any subject we wanted to. I began talking about my desire to write and publish my autobiography then. My desire turned to writing my life story as a Children's series when I realized an autobiography for a first release probably wouldn't sell so well if people didn't first know me for having done something else first.

Tell us about your family and their involvement in your writing if any.

Since my series is based on my actual life my family is in it more than they probably want to be. Actually, my family is very supportive and think I can achieve anything I set my mind to do.

You have a series out called "The Baby Jaimie Series" give us more information on that and the inspiration behind it.

I really didn't get too creative with the title or the inspiration behind it. The series is about a disabled little girl in a wheelchair and the world around her. All of it is based on my own experiences growing up with Spina Bifida, which is why I even named the character after myself.

What other books do you have coming out in the near future and when can we be looking for them?

My fourth book in the series, Baby Jaimie Has A Crush was just released before Easter and I have a second Paranormal Romance, If I Die Young due out in the fall.

Name some of your favorite authors and other inspirations for your writing.

The Amelia Bedelia series by Peggy Parish was my favorite as a child. I can't really say my series emulates that one in any way, but I do feel as though it inspired my desire to write. Other favorite authors are Nora Roberts, Jude Deveraux, and Fannie Flagg. My favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

If you had to choose only one of your Baby Jaimie books that you enjoyed writing most which would it be and why?

That's a hard question because I enjoyed writing them all for different reasons. If I had to choose only one I would have to say it was the first one. I learned a lot about the whole process of writing during the many years it took me to finish it. I don't think I fully appreciated that time of my life while I was living it, but looking back at it now I most definitely do.

Do you allow your family or friends to critique your work before it is published?

The first few manuscripts I wrote I sent it to everyone I could think of for feedback. Now I don't do that as much. Most of the time my deadlines won't allow it.

What is your favorite past time when not writing?

When I'm not writing I'm usually listening to music. Sometimes I listen while I write. I also enjoy sports and watching old movies.

Do you have any advice you'd like to share with other authors, or in general that you think would be beneficial to our readers? Also we'd love you to share your links and let us know where we can find out more about you.

Dreams are an important part of life. They give you a goal to work for, and making a dream come true is a lot of hard work. Regardless of what your dream is it won't just come true on its own. Nobody is going to walk up to you or knock on your door saying you look like you can write, sing, dance, act, or anything else. Be proactive in your life and in your dreams.

Thank you again Jaimie for this wonderful interview. We hope to do this again in the near future!

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your blog. It has been a pleasure.

http://www.jaimiehope.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaim...255441457835397
https://twitter.com/#!/JaimieHope
http://jaimiehope.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment