Wednesday, July 25, 2012

GUEST POST WITH AUTHOR, ROBIN BIELMAN

GUEST POST WITH AUTHOR OF, "WORTH THE RISK" ROBIN BIELMAN



Hi Kitty! Thanks so much for having me on Great Minds Think Aloud. I’m delighted to be here!

I have a confession to make. I wasn’t always the voracious reader I am now. Growing up, I enjoyed reading Nancy Drew mysteries and stories by Ray Bradbury and Stephen King. But I didn’t finish one book and immediately pick up another. Then college life and work life and family life took precedence over my reading life. I loved reading to my kids and always found myself in the children’s section of the bookstore rather than the grown-up section.

Then something happened. My freelance writing job led me to buy my first romance novel. Holy cow, had I missed out! I was immediately hooked. Not only on reading it, but writing it as well. I went from a girl who read an occasional Tony Hillerman novel to a girl who wanted to read romance ALL the time. (Not that Mr. Hillerman didn’t write awesome books. He did.) But I realized that what I loved most about any story, whether it was in the pages of a book, on television, or in the movies, was the romance between two characters. I loved the tension, the banter, the First Kiss. ~sigh~ 

In my debut novella, Worth the Risk, Sam and Dean’s first kiss takes place five years before the novel opens. So I wanted their First Kiss after they meet up again to be something special. Something unique. It takes place in a crowded bar and involves hot sauce. Here’s a peek…

“What do you say, Dean?” Joe looked at them with raised eyebrows. “Up for a little hot sauce challenge?”
“I’m game if she is.” Dean regarded Samantha’s quizzical expression then added, “Hot sauce is a kissing game where we each get hot sauce on our tongues, then make out to see how long we can last.”
Samantha gulped and looked at his lips. They were sinfully appealing, but she had no intention of connecting with them again. “No, thanks.”
“Aww, come on!” someone from the crowd shouted. 
“You chicken?” Dean asked.

“What? No. I just see no reason to kiss you if I don’t have to.”

“I’ll do it!” a female voice shouted.

Samantha tried to stand, but Dean held tightly to her waist. “I’m not doing this with 
anyone but you.”

She relaxed against him. He always knew exactly what to say. This time, though, so did she. “Sorry, Dean. I’ve got to go.”

He cupped her cheek and looked deep into her eyes. “One kiss, Sam. I dare you.”


So what about you? What’s your favorite thing to read? Let me know in the comments and you’ll be entered to win an eBook copy of Worth the Risk.
Thanks again for having me, Kitty!

Their love was ancient history...until their paths crossed again.

Samantha Bennett put Dean Malloy out of her mind five years ago, when he broke her heart after a summer fling. But now he's back in her life, and ready to steal a heritage protection contract that could make or break her career--if he doesn't steal her heart first. Samantha's vowed to hate him, but it's more than anger heating the competition between them.

With sparks flying across the conference table and sizzling in every touch, Dean proposes a weekend liaison. Anything to have Sam again; anything to get her out of his system. But the unresolved feelings between them complicate both their personal and professional lives, and one wild weekend could turn into a disaster that would destroy the one job that means more to Samantha than anything. For a shot at love...is it worth the risk?

You can read the first two chapters of Worth the Risk here: http://www.entangledpublishing.com/worth-the-risk/


Buy the Book:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Worth-the-Ris...35534497&sr=1-6

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wor...n=2940014542326


About Robin…

Robin Bielman lives in Southern California, a bike ride away from the ocean if she’s feeling really adventurous. She loves books and baking and running on the treadmill while watching her favorite TV shows. When she’s not reading or writing her next story, she’s spending time with her high school sweetheart husband and two sons, most likely watching, playing, or discussing baseball. She drives too fast, drinks too much caffeine, and if every day were Cupcake Day, she’d be a happy camper! She loves to connect with readers. You can find her online here:

Website: http://www.robinbielman.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RobinBielmanWriter
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/#!/RobinBielman
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/robinbielman

1 comment: