Wednesday, October 24, 2012

GMTA PUBLISHING NEW RELEASE (ALFRED, A TIMBER WOLF'S TALE)

GMTA PUBLISHING PRESENTING:

(THE FRIENDLY PETTING ZOO SERIES) 
ALFRED, A TIMBER WOLF’S TALE
BY
RANDALL L. EMERY
AVAILABLE OCTOBER 31ST, 2012



As a circus train moves to the next town, a storm knocks it off of its tracks and the animals find themselves alone, scared, and without anyone to care for them. Bev, the teaching turtle becomes their mentor and savior teaching them to survive in the wild.

Four years after the catastrophe, Alfred the Timber Wolf, wants to be with the humans again. When Alfred leaves the other animals behind in the hope of finding a family, the animals begin to get sick. What happens next? Will the animals die? Will Alfred find the humans?  "Alfred, A Timber Wolf's Tale" is the first in a series of children's books by author Randall L. Emery. Beautifully illustrated by artist, Cynthia Bird with cover art designed by 12 year old Rhianna J. Bullard these wonderful books are bound to delight children of all ages!
Be sure to watch for other books in the series coming soon!


ABOUT THE AUTHOR


Randall Emery was born in Lawrence, Kansas and raised in Kansas City. He has moved more times than he can count within Kansas and then to Missouri. There is one quote that stands out in his mind that he remembers his mother saying to him when he was younger, "All small children are to be considered as packages of concentrated love because they are a gift to us from the good Lord, God above." He doesn't know where that quote came from, if it was something she said herself or something she had heard but it still affects him to this day and is at the core of his beliefs. This quote and his relationship with God had led him to create stories for children that teach them to live a good life.






ABOUT THE ILLUSTRATOR


I began my art career with my Interior Design job in 1994. I drew interior renderings and colored them for presentation boards. I began painting on everything while with the design firm: wall murals, pillows, window treatments, and furniture. Since then, I have honed my artistic abilities to include more of the fine arts, with portraits being my favorite. In April 2012, I exhibited a solo art show "Simplicity of a Portrait". I have another show planned for this December.

I am originally from the Kansas City area, lived in Colorado for several years, then came back to Kansas City in 1997. I have been married for 22 years.  I have 4 exceptional children that I have bravely chosen to home school.  My children have inspired me to take another path in my art career, teaching.  I have voluntarily taught art to local elementary and home schooled kids.

I am inspired everyday to share the gift that I was graciously given; my hope is to inspire others.




ABOUT THE COVER ARTIST


Rhianna Bullard is a 12 year old artist and straight ‘A’ student. She is currently working on three of her own novels and intends to illustrate them all herself. She is an aspiring artist, loves listening to New Age music, is an animal rights activist and has two ferrets, an albino named Ignis (meaning light in Latin) and a sable mask named Tenebris (meaning dark in Latin). She is a very intelligent young lady and has dreams of someday becoming a famous artist and owning her own wildlife sanctuary.



No comments:

Post a Comment