Monday, April 15, 2013

Hello, it's C. Michael Powers, is anyone out there?


Hey everybody,

My name's C. Michael Powers (Chris, really, but there were too many Christopher Powers floating around in the Google universe). I just wanted to take this time to say hello. Kitty was nice enough to invite me to the blog. I'm super excited. Today's my birthday, the official release of my book, Mirror Images Book 1: The Darkness of Man, and the start of my blog tour. So it's an awesome day.

I hate writing blog posts without pictures, so I'm going to post some completely random ones here. I just had to post this one. The funny thing is I just finished reading fellow author Dan Diehl's post, where he mentioned the writer's life is not all beer under palm trees. So, this picture I took lying in a hammock in Coronado, Panama, with a beer in my hand just seems...wrong. Ahahaha. Thanks Dan.

Yes, I still write in notebooks sometimes

Let me explain. In addition to writing dark fantasy, I spend the rest of my time traveling around Panama, writing about the expat life here in this beautiful country. If you've ever wanted to travel to, or settle down in Panama, check out my blog at www.thestayathomegringo.blogspot.com for all the nuts & bolts info about living in Panama.

This post isn't about Panama though. It's about my new book and how excited I am to embark on this journey with GMTA Publishing. Before GMTA I'd been on my own. I tried the self publishing thing, but I have to say, there's something about being part of a publishing family that just makes it all so much more enjoyable. Kitty has been great, as has the rest of her team. My editor, Lisanne Cooper kicks ass. She's really been patient and a lot of fun to work with.

Me with my 4 kids. Did we get cupcake on our faces? 

So, what is Mirror Images about? 

“Have you ever wondered why so many people in prison claim to be innocent? It’s ‘cause most of ‘em are,” Dozier whispered. 

On the other side of the mirror, lies a horrific world where each of us has an image, our violent replica, capable of fulfilling our darkest desires, and only released into our world when we’re unable to follow through with an evil deed. Gabe Cutter, an average paper pusher, has his life ripped out from under him when his image switches places with him, hell bent on destroying the life Gabe knows, and killing his cheating fiance’. Now, stuck on the other side of the mirror, Gabe must join together with a band of stranded survivors and find a way to get back to his world before his image destroys it. Along the way he battles his way through maniacs, monsters, and ultimately his own heart, as he realizes that the woman he’s been trying to save...wasn’t worth the price of admission. 

***BE ADVISED. THIS BOOK CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE, STRONG VIOLENCE, AND SOME SEXUAL CONTENT. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T TELL YOU SO***

Ok, so I took that straight from Amazon. It's just easier that way. When I started writing Mirror Images, I wanted to write something that I'd enjoy reading. I'm a huge fan of Songs of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) by George R.R. Martin, but other than that, I've never been all that into the swords and sorcerer kind of fantasy. At the same time, I like werewolves and vampires, which dominate the urban fantasy shelves, but those stories weren't what I was after either. I just wanted to escape from the real world for awhile, and enter one with crazy monsters and tons of action.

I've described Mirror Images as being a love story mixed with maniacs and monsters. My goal is to write something Quentin Terantino and Robert Rodriguez would be proud to put their stamp of approval on.

I have grey hairs growing on my chin. It's time to take this writing thing seriously

Well, I guess that's all I have to say. I really hope you give my book a chance. Pick it up, give it a read, if you don't like it go ahead and use it to hold up that wobbly end of the sofa (the paperback version only please, don't ruin your Kindle that way). 

I'm hard at work on book 2 of the Mirror Images series. If you want to know more about me, check out my personal blog at www.cmichaelpowers.blogspot.com. It's a work in progress. I've found that it's much easier to talk about Panama than it is to talk about myself. :)

Thanks for reading,

Chris (C. Michael Powers)





No comments:

Post a Comment